Painting No.11 is all about the quotes from the important people that had a huge impact on our history and society. The point of it all was to immortalise a few of the famous quotes and to put them together in a respectful manner.
The painting is basically divided into five parts. With the wall being on the bottom. Closely interacting with the tree and the roots. Beyond the wall you can see various shades of water beneath the green hills. And in the sky the sun is spreading its massive sun-rays.
I wanted to stage a special environment that in a way captures and brings to life some of the quotes. The total number of quotes is 54.
They have no particular agenda of which of them are more important. The quotes used in the painting are simply the one’s that I’ve read many times and have helped me from time to time to see things more clearly and something to live by. Maybe you find something for yourself as well. I’ve written the list of all 54 quotes, which you can find below.
As an artist and a painter I also had to add two of my own, that I love to live by and to put them everywhere are written on the tree. Otherwise the point of the painting is simple; FOCUS.
Here is the list of all 54 quotes:
- ANŽO – Imagination is a highway for the vision.
- Bob Marley – Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
- Leonardo da Vinci – Learn how to see. Realise that everything connects to everything else.
- Albert Einstein – Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
- Amelia Earhart – Never interrupt someone, doing something you said couldn’t be done.
- Bob Marley – Judge not, before you judge yourself.
- Marie Curie – Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.
- Malcolm X – The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.
- Bob Marley – Some feel the rain, others just get wet.
- Salvador Dali – Have no fear of perfection. You’ll never reach it.
- Joan of Arc – I am not afraid I was born to do this.
- Lao Tzu – Your life is a piece of clay, don’t let anyone else hold it for you.
- Mozart – The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.
- Mother Teresa – If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.
- Nikola Tesla – Be alone, that is the secret of invention; be alone, that is when ideas are born.
- Frida Kahlo – At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.
- Nelson Mandela – It always seems impossible until its done.
- Walt Disney – All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
- Confucius – Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Bruce Lee – As you think so shall you become.
- Warren Buffett – Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- Winston Churchill – Success is walking from failure to failure with no less of enthusiasm.
- Albert Einstein – Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Michael Jordan – You must expect great tings of yourself before you can do them.
- Socrates – I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think.
- Eleanor Roosevelt – Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
- Bruce Lee – Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
- Nikola Tesla – If you want to end the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibrations.
- Aristotel – We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Oscar Wilde – Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
- Grace Hopper – If it’s a good idea, go ahead and do it. It’s much easier to apologise than is to get permission.
- Nelson Mandela – It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- Platon – For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories.
- Charlie Chaplin – We think too much and feel too little.
- John Lennon – Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
- Leonardo da Vinci – Learning never exhausts the mind.
- Martin Luther King – We must use time creatively.
- Bruce Lee – Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
- Arthur Ashe – Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
- Galileo Galilei – All truths are easy to understand once there are discovered, the point is to discover them.
- Salvador Dali – I always saw what others could not see.
- Charlie Chaplin – Simplicity is a difficult thing to achieve.
- Coco Chanel – In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
- Alan Turing – Those who can imagine anything, can create the impossible.
- Stephan Hawking – The past, like the future, is indefinite and exists only as a spectrum of possibilities.
- Wangari Maathai – We need to promote development that does not destroy our environment.
- Martin Luther King – Lightning makes no sound until it strikes.
- Charlie Chaplin – I am a citizen of the world.
- Rembrandt – Choose only one master-Nature.
- Marcus Garvey – A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
- Confucious – I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
- H.G.Wells – Human history in essence is the history of ideas.
- Thomas Jefferson – I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
- ANŽO – Every painting is a window into a new world.
The list could go on and on, but the essence of the painting was met.
With respect, ANŽO